To safeguard and protect you during our research we commit to the following:
This applies regardless of whether you are our client or the subject of a search.
We commit to the following,
- Our team are fully DBS checked every year. (Criminal Records Bureau).
- We are registered with the Data Protection Commissioner.
- All the team attend a safeguarding consultancy every week.
- We commit to the continuous professional development of our team.
- You search will be assessed for risk and you will be advised accordingly.
- Our Intermediary service will protect vulnerable searches by contacting the subject.
- Our team are trained in protecting vulnerable adults, cultural diversity, and domestic violence.
- We have access to a safeguarding expert at all times.
- All searches are completed with a safe and well check.
- We will never give away or pass your data without your permission.
- We signpost to mental health services if needed.
Our Safeguarding Consultant is Dr. Joanna North
Dr. Jo North is here to ensure we keep our work to a high ethical standard by correctly supporting our clients, the people we find and each other. She supports us to do this by managing and training on relevant aspects of safeguarding.
Jo brings huge experience to this role, and we are proud to work with someone with over 30 years’ experience in the field of psychotherapy and mental health.
In 2017 the British Psychological Society’s awarded her with their prestigious Distinguished Contribution to Psychology in Practice Award. She is an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society and Chair of Ethics for United Kingdom Council for the Psychotherapy Children and Young People Section and formerly Chair of British Psychological Society Psychotherapy Section.
Our Safeguarding officer for FinderMonkey is Sue Harrison
Sue has a deep understanding of safeguarding and has trained in safeguarding up to level 3. She has taken many counselling qualifications and has also developed her skills in this field. Sue assesses risk on a case-by-case basis and liaises with Dr Joanna North on at least a weekly basis.
Our Safeguarding officer for our Adoption work is David Oates
David is a qualified counsellor. He is also an Intermediary support worker for our adoption work. David can assess risk and works closely with Joanna each week to ensure a safe experience for all our clients affected by adoption.