To find people for free in the UK is a difficult task. The old adage that ‘you get what you pay for’ is certainly true when it comes to finding people.
There are things you can do for fee but if they don’t work it might be time to call in the professionals.
The best information does cost money so it’s important to ascertain if you are prepared to pay anything to find people you have lost touch with. A more accurate way to put things might be, how to find someone without wasting money.
You can, on occasion find people for free but if something is worth obtaining, you usually have to buy it rather than expect it to be given to you for free. You also have to work out how highly you value your time. If you have time on your hands to visit local library’s around the country then you stand a great chance of finding someone but it’s hardly free when you’ve been driving around the country to save the £10 it would have cost you to buy the same information online.
If you are determined to find people for free then you could also try the following free websites to help you…
- Google – Type “their name” and last known location, you might get lucky and find an article or newspaper story about them. You can also try typing in their name and their hobby and see if you can find them that way. We once located someone with a very common name and all we knew was he liked Yachts. We obtained a really good lead by searching his name, last known town he lived in and yachts. This brought up a match at a Yacht club and further investigations revealed it was our customer’s father so it can work really well.
- Facebook – Who’s not on Facebook? Nearly everyone has a Facebook account so if you want to find people for free then this has to be on your list.
- Friends Reunited – Nowhere near as popular as it used to be but still good for locating people. Since this article was first added to our website in 2011 Friends Reunited is no longer a live website.
- Bt.com – Always worth checking to see if the person you are looking for is on here. If they are you’ll get their name, address and telephone number.
- Linked In – Many people both employed and self-employed have a LinkedIn profile so it’s worth a shot and is completely free to use. You do sometimes have to pay to contact people on their though.
- We are often contacted by TV companies who are prepared to located people on your behalf for free in exchange for being featured on a television programme. So if you’re determined to find people for free then this might be worth looking into. Just search the major TV stations websites. There is Long Lost Family on ITV. Family Finders on BBC1. Separated at Birth on TLC amongst others.
Not Finding People For Free!
If finding someone is important to you, don’t you owe it to yourself and to them to do it properly? If you’ve grown up not knowing a family member or lost touch with an old friend who meant the world to you, isn’t it worth a few hundred pounds to search for them yourself?
Our service is the leading service for finding old friends and lost relatives in the UK. To see the power of what we do then click here to read our amazing success stories.
Finding people for free can also be very time consuming. You can spend hours looking for free information and it’s just not going to be there. Like everything in life if it has value it’s going to cost money to obtain. The good news is in the UK there is some amazingly good information available to you at low cost that can really help you find people, just not for free.
Here are a couple of ways you can try to find people. This is what we do if we were working to find someone for you…
- Birth, Death and Marriage records. These are invaluable for ‘filling in the blanks’ about your missing person. You can discover their parents’ names and their date of birth from their birth records. Obviously who they married from their marriage certificate and see if they’ve passed away via a search of death records. If they have passed away you can order the certificate to see who the informant of the death was then you can look for them should you wish.
- Electoral Roll Searches. As a professional people finding company we do not use the electoral roll. Mainly because it’s too old and it’s only got about half of people in the UK on it. That’s because it’s been edited since 2003 so people can opted off it and do in their millions. However if you are trying to find someone’s address its still one of the best systems available to you. Websites like People Tracer and 192 provide credits so you can access this type of data. A word of warning though, make sure you’ve carried out adequate research on your missing person this way you won’t waste credits, which do cost around £10. We’ve worked for people who have spent hundreds of pounds barking up the wrong tree so to speak.
So what can we do for you? Well we’re a paid for service so we don’t find people for free.
But if you are serious about finding someone we can help you.
We find the exact person you have lost touch with and provide you with their address and contact details. We support you throughout the whole process. We order all documents that we need to find your exact person and we have access to the highest level of information on people that’s available in the UK.
Our team are all highly trained researchers, these guys are widely regarded as the best research team in the UK. They look for and find the exact person you are looking for. They can find people with even the smallest amounts of information. They painstakingly look at old records and documents to find out who your person is and where they are. This is the most in-depth tracing service in the UK.
It’s not possible to conduct this type of research for free even if you carried it out yourself.
If you do not want one of our researchers to locate the person you are looking for and just need some help then an Electoral Roll Search maybe a good way to get the information you need.
To find out more about our people finder services please click here.
Finding people for free is a difficult task. You must also take into account your own time and how you value it. You may find that you do find someone for free but how long did it take? With this is mind our service is an excellent way to locate someone in the UK that can help you locate people you have lost touch with. Good luck with your search to find people for free.